Monday, July 18, 2011

New season of Breaking Bad

I don't know how I felt about the new episode of Breaking Bad.

The ending was very violent but rather arbitrary. It wasn't clear why Gus did what he did, at least not to me, and Walt and Jesse were saved only in part by their own actions. Gus's final act didn't make sense to me.

Personally, I have no sympathy for the Libertarian chemist Jesse offed in the final episode last season. Some critics have claimed that he was the only pleasant, sympathetic character on the show. I thought he was rotten. He produced methamphetamine because he had a philosophical opposition to drug laws. It didn't bother him that he was dealing with killers. He thought that drug dealing was free enterprise, even though they routinely murdered their competition. Good riddance to him.

At this point, it wouldn't bother me if they DID kill Walt. Would you want him living in your neighborhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment