Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Relatively recent silent films

There are the movies of Guy Madden, many of them shot on super 8. I liked the ones I've seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4JmeXXRmZg


The music is from a Soviet composer and he imitates silent film here.

I liked Brand Upon the Brain. I can't think of the others I've seen. I'd better watch them again.

I hear he films on Super 8, but he has several cameras running simultaneously, so it probably costs about the same as one camera filming with 35mm. I noticed the child actor in Brand Upon the Brain got screen credit as a camera operator.

Not sure what I think of silent film. I like a lot of them, and what I don't like about them has more to do with the era they're from than the fact that they're silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment