Monday, January 30, 2012

Lois Lane scared me

Here it is. In case you're interested.

When I was 6-years-old, my sister brought me this comic book. I don't know why. It terrified me! The comic book terrified me, not the fact that my sister brought it to me.

I didn't understand it. It had several different stories in it, but I thought it was all one, and I didn't really read it. Just looked at the pictures.

Lois Lane's head turned giant and bald. She had a giant, super brain, but all she cared about was the fact that she was bald and now had a huge head. She tried to disguise it in various ways throughout the story until her head and brain go back to normal.

I don't think I was overly delicate or sensitive as a 6-year-old. I preferred violent TV shows. I never liked Winnie the Pooh cartoons because there wasn't enough action. When other boys told me they wanted to be firemen when they grew up, I would correct them----it was POLICEMEN they wanted to be, not firemen! Firemen didn't get to shoot people! If anything, I was a horrible, horrible child.

Maybe it's because I didn't read the thing and just looked at the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment