Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Puffy Chair (2005)

I didn't care for this movie, either. I thought it looked pretty good technically. Made by two brothers with twenty thousand of their parents' dollars. About a horrible, horrible young man who wants to take a recliner to his father for his birthday. He threatens an upholsterer to force him to reupholster it. I know a few upholsterers. Reupholstering a chair costs about as much as buying a new one if it's done right. You don't save much money that way. And I can't imagine any of them being intimidated by some rich puke.

I don't know what's wrong with these people. I'm watching the conclusion as I write this. The girl cries as she breaks up with her boyfriend. She should be happy. A horrible, obnoxious egomaniacal monkey is off her her back.

You see----this is what happens. You have rich kids getting money from their parents to make movies like this.

Parents who try to force their children into show business have gotten a bad rap, but it's young people who demand that their parents bankroll their movies who should be scorned.

No comments:

Post a Comment