Saturday, June 15, 2013

All my friends

When I started going to high school, they took the incoming tenth graders into the auditorium. They told us some stuff, I don't remember what.

All I remember was the student body president speaking to us. He started with a joke.

He said he was glad to see that all his friends had come down to support him---"I see both of you are here." The joke being that he only had two friends.

I chuckled politely, then remembered that I only had two friends not counting acquaintances. I had given up on the acquaintances some time earlier when I realized that they were friends with each other but not with me. 

And how many friends are you supposed to have anyway? Even if you're a teenager, you're deluding yourself if you think you have more than a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment