Sunday, January 12, 2014

Golden Globes, Woody Allen, Ronan Farrow

I guess he does look a little like Frank Sinatra.

I'm sitting here watching The Golden Globes. I've seen nothing and I only identify with the losers. I have to use Google to figure out the gags.

Tina Fey stopped in the middle of some scripted quip and said, "I can't do this", which turns out to be a cruel reference to Hollywood millionaire Michael Bay getting panicky and fleeing the stage at some event celebrating a new Samsung television. Which I can understand, but why on earth did he get up there in the first place? He's fabulously wealthy. Surely he didn't need the money. He explained on his blog that he's just enthused over the TV.

Woody Allen, Diane Keaton

They seem to have bleeped Diane Keaton talking about Woody Allen, when she said "God damn it". You can say "damn it" on TV, but not "God damn it" because that's actual blasphemy. To me, it was fitting since the first time I had seen this bleeped out on TV was when Woody Allen said "Fly, goddamnit, fly!" in an early scene in Sleeper.

They seem to have censored something else Keaton said, but I don't read lips.

I googled it and she recently said "fuck" on Good Morning America.

Ronan Farrow

Ronan Farrow tweeted:
"Missed the Woody Allen tribute - did they put the part where a woman publicly confirmed he molested her at age 7 before or after Annie Hall?" 
Ronan needs to stop this. Comments about your sister being sexually violated should never be in joke form.

If I were Ronan, I would hope Woody was my father. Frank Sinatra died at 82 and already had signs of dementia. Woody's mother died at 96, his father at 100. His father had a job when he was 90. And look at Woody himself, 78 and going strong. He'll be one of those guys directing movies at 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment