Saturday, April 12, 2014

About a Boy, Fargo

I remember many years ago. I had a strange dream.

I dreamed that they made The Blue Lagoon into a TV series. It had a girl who resembled Brooke Shields only in the eye brows and a boy wearing a yellow Art Garfunkel wig. They were both dressed modestly in ragged clothes. It was filmed on a Gilligan's Island-like set and I realized that the storyline came from an episode of the old Swiss Family Robinson TV series that starred Martin Milner.

I turned the TV off in disgust.

TV shows based on movies usually don't work out that well. I see there are a couple of new ones coming up, a show based on About a Boy and another based on Fargo.

So will Fargo be about a pregnant police woman, or about the manager of a car dealership coping with his bratty son and domineering father-in-law? Either might work.

Hard to see how About a Boy would be adapted. They would have to lose one element or another from the original movie. Would the boy's mother be suicidal through the whole series? Would the man keep using the kid to meet women?

No comments:

Post a Comment