Monday, July 18, 2016

Melania Trump's speech

I was sitting here. News coverage of the Republican National Convention was on in the next room. I wasn't paying close attention, and I couldn't see the TV. I only heard it.

What the hell? I thought.

They were playing a clip of Melania Trump's speech. She would say a line in her heavily accented English, then someone with a standard American accent would repeat the same line. Like they were translating it because no one could understand her.

That must be embarrassing for her, I thought.

It was worse than that. Turns out they were showing clips of Melania's speech transposed with clips from Michelle Obama's 2008 speech that Melania's speech writers had clearly plagiarized.

Man, if you're a speech writer, it's so easy to sabotage these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment