Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Field of Lost Shoes

See how cute he is when he's killing a man.
I've posted a couple of things about Nolan Gould on here so I watched a 2014 Civil War movie in which he played a supporting role. Field of Lost Shoes is about a real incident where cadets from the Virginia Military Institute took part in a Civil War battle. It shows them killing U.S. troops---Nolan Gould stabs a man in the back with a bayonet---but we're supposed to feel bad that four cadets got killed. I say good riddance to them.

I haven't seen any of the other recent Civil War movies so I don't know how they compare. This one was reportedly low budget and it shows.

The cadets in this thing are upper-class pro-Confederate Southerners, but they're opposed to slavery and go around helping black people. It reminded me of those World War Two movies from the '60's and '70's where the Nazis all secretly hate Hitler and are only fighting out of devotion to the Fatherland. The most revolting example was The Eagle Has Landed. Michael Caine plays a Nazi who rescues a Jewish girl from other, less virtuous Nazis before going on a mission to kidnap Winston Churchill.

No comments:

Post a Comment