Thursday, November 2, 2017

Kevin Spacey, Dustin Hoffman, et al

Anthony Rapp being carried around under happier circumstances when he was fourteen.


I know pretty much nothing about Kevin Spacey, but I knew, or I thought I knew that he was gay. And, back when Bryan Singer was being sued for sexually abusing a teenage boy, there were comments on articles about it online that hinted that Spacey was known for the same thing. I don't take anonymous comments on the internet at face value, but I took this to mean that there were at least rumors about him.

First Anthony Rapp said that Spacey had invited him to a party at his apartment when Rapp was 14 and Spacey was 26. It was all grown-ups at the party. Rapp got bored and wandered off to a bedroom and watched TV. After a time, Spacey appeared drunk in the door way. Rapp realized that the party had ended and everyone had left except him. Spacey picked him up like he was carrying a bride over the threshold, he lay the young fellow on the bed and clambered on top of him.

It took a few days, but now more people are speaking out about Spacey. They've all been adults.

Tony Montana, director of the documentary Overnight which I mentioned recently on this blog, said that Spacey groped him in a bar placing his hand on what Montana called his "whole package".

"I put my hand down and turned his thumb back to get his hand off it," he said. "I paid for my drink and got away from him."

But Spacey followed into the men's room. "I backed him out the door and I pushed him. One of his friends was in line and I said, It's time to take your boy home. They all ended up leaving."

According to Wikipedia, Spacey's estranged older brother has said that their father was physically and sexually abusive. Kevin Spacey says he's going into treatment and maybe he actually needs it.

Now it's reported that Dustin Hoffman molested a high school girl on the set of Death of a Salesman. She was working there as an assistant. He groped her and one morning, when she asked Hoffman what he wanted for breakfast. He said a "hard-boiled egg----and a soft-boiled clitoris."

What does that mean exactly? Is it a common expression I'm unfamiliar with? I googled it and found nothing but links to articles about Hoffman. His entourage thought it was hilarious.

Hoffman's now 80-years-old.

Dustin Hoffman and the high school girl he harassed and groped. 
More reports are coming out about Hoffman, how he demanded that playwright Riss Gatsiounis, who was in her 20's at the time, go to hotel with him when he was considering producing her play as a movie. She kept turning him down. Once he gave up, it became clear he had no intention of adapting the play in the first place. When she told her agent what happened, she said she had heard stories like that about Hoffman before.

After the stuff about Weinstein came out, a writer in the online Jewish magazine Tablet had to apologize for suggesting it was a Jewish thing, that Weinstein was like a character from a Philip Roth novel, targeting non-Jewish women for abuse. Since then, six women have accused Brett Ratner of sexual assault and rape, and Beverly Hills police are investigating James Toback. I don't buy it that being Jewish has anything to do with it, but being an especially devout Zionist like Ratner, Toback and Weinstein might.

Years ago, I was accused of anti-Semitism for not wanting to sit through Kramer vs. Kramer again. I had already seen it three or four times, but it was on network TV one evening about thirty years ago and I didn't want to see it again. It was well-regarded for a time, but it seems to have faded into obscurity.

As it happened, during the filming of the movie, Dustin Hoffman,without warning, slapped Meryl Streep in the face before an emotional scene to make her acting more convincing, like she needed his help with her acting. It was an anti-feminist movie in any case.

No comments:

Post a Comment