Sunday, November 26, 2017

Nothing really new on the sexual harassment front



Nothing really new on the sexual harassment front over the Thanksgiving weekend. John Conyers resigned from whatever committee he was on and Al Franken announced he would return to work on Monday in spite of his shame.

I listened to Marc Maron's WTF podcast on YouTube, a 20 minute segment of a longer show. He discuses Louis CK who he was friends with. He had heard the rumors about CK and asked him about them. CK said they weren't true, but he didn't want to publicly deny they were true because that would only make it worse. Jon Stewart has claimed to be completely oblivious to it.

There was talk about it being an "open secret" but if no one actually tells you, how would you know?

Contrast that with J Elvis Weinstein who said that he read about the rumors and thought they were probably true. I never heard Louis CK perform, I never watched his show. I read about the rumors about him and assumed they were probably true, and if I had heard his comedy I would probably have been that much more convinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment