Friday, January 5, 2018

Netflix making sequel to Bright

I used to watch the Love Boat. I don't remember how old I was, but there weren't that many channels on TV in those days. I don't think anyone actually liked it, but you could watch it without paying attention, drift in and out and it made absolutely no difference.

So Netflix's big budget critical failure Bright getting 11 million views in thee days is less of a mystery to me. It's a combination hate-viewing, people who want something mindless to watch and those who actually like that sort of crap.

I sat through Nicolas Cage's Rage twice. It was terrible but it was kind of relaxing. A movie I didn't need to pay attention to. There was nothing to admire or think about. I didn't feel anxious or interested.

It's one reason I started finding it hard to sit through foreign films. I don't like having to have my eyes glued to the subtitles the whole time. I wish they'd bring back dubbing. 

I kept trying to watch this one French movie. I finally looked it up on Wikipedia. They often have very detailed descriptions of the plot that give away every plot twist and tell you how it ends. I read that then watched it and relaxed. I knew what was happening. I got the gist of it.

So Netflix announced it will do a sequel to Bright and they'll do it without Max Landis, the accused pervert who wrote the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment