Wednesday, February 7, 2018

So maybe Scott Baio IS guilty


I'm at a bit of a disadvantage having never sat through an episode of Charles in Charge. Perhaps unwisely, Scott Baio responded to Nicole Eggert's sexual abuse allegation in part by saying that if she was abused, she should go to the cops, not the media.

Eggert and another Charles in Charge co-star, Alexander Polinsky, have now gone to the police.

From People:
“Working on the set of Charles in Charge from age 11 to 15 was no picnic, it was a toxic environment,” Polinsky said in the statement. “I witnessed Scott Baio acting inappropriately towards Nicole Eggert during my first year of working on the show. I walked in on them together behind the set. Nicole was on Scott’s lap and he did not appreciate my intrusion. He yelled at me and called me various homophobic slurs."

“Growing up on the show I received regular verbal attacks, mental abuse and I also suffered a physical assault at the hands of Scott Baio. There is no excuse for his behavior. It is abhorrent.”
It's hard to imagine much coming of it at this point. I wouldn't have written this except I posted this other thing several days ago saying that maybe Baio didn't do it. He never appealed to me as an actor and he seems rather dumb, but those aren't mortal sins. 

He doesn't look like a statutory rapist.

No comments:

Post a Comment