Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Silent movie I couldn't bear to watch



I was listening to a podcast. If I had been on a different computer, I would have played solitaire to keep my mind from wandering so I could pay attention. But I turned on the TV and watched a terrible print of a silent movie, Won in the Clouds (1928). It starred stunt pilots as diamond smugglers in Africa.

The movie was down to the last few minutes when the hero climbed out of the seat of his biplane, got up on the wing and started walking around. I think he was going to try to grab onto another plane and climb on board for some reason. I'm not sure what was happening or why.

But I turned it off. I'm sure the guy survived the stunt or they wouldn't have it in the movie, and even if he did fall to his death, he'd be dead of old age by now anyway. But I couldn't watch. Like those YouTube videos of people hanging from construction cranes and doing chin-ups on the bars. Why do they do that?


No comments:

Post a Comment