Monday, March 19, 2018

The time I went to Toys R Us

This was long ago. I went with some friends to Toys R Us. I shouldn't have gone with them. I looked at the Fisher-Price PXL 2000, the "toy" camcorder that recorded a low resolution black and white image onto an audio cassette tape. They sold for $100 at a time when a real camcorder cost around a thousand dollars. I wanted to buy one. My idiot friends talked me out of it. They didn't make any actual arguments against it. They just scoffed at it. I still wish I had one. They're coveted by artists. I was the only one there with a job. Why did I listen to them?


Later I went into Toys R Us. I bought a toy Mauser pistol. It was plastic painted in some sort of camouflage. It was just a few bucks. I took it home and spray painted it silver then had to put a coat of shellac on it so the silver would get all over everything. It was smaller than a real one but just big enough to serve as prop. Now you can add muzzle flashes digitally.

This isn't it but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment