Friday, April 13, 2018

Someone with a magic marker makes international news


Someone wrote "DOUCHE" on James Franco's star on the Hollywood "Walk of Fame". I'm amazed this doesn't happen all the time. It was reported on People.com and the Daily Mail.

The Daily Mail explained:

Violet Paley had a consensual relationship with the actor, but claims that he once forced her into performing oral sex on her while they sat in his car.

The other four women were students at Studio 4, Franco's now-closed acting school, and claim the 39-year-old Oscar nominee asked women both on set and in class to perform topless or even completely nude.

One of those women, Sarah Tither-Kaplan, claims that she was shooting a nude orgy scene with Franco and several other actresses on one of the actor's film projects when he took off the protective piece of plastic covering their genitals while simulating oral sex.

...

Franco also painted himself as a martyr for the cause while appearing of Seth Meyers' NBC show, stating: 'There are stories that need to get out. There are people that need to be heard.

'I have my own side of this story, but I believe in, you know, these people that have been underrepresented getting their stories out enough that I will, you know, hold back things that I could say just because I believe in it that much.

'And if I have to take a knock because I'm not going to, you know, try and, you know, actively refute things, then I will, because I believe in it that much.'

Tither-Kaplan, 26, said that landing a role in Franco's upcoming film The Long Home was a huge break for her after working with the actor at Studio 4.

While at Studio 4 she had enrolled in Franco’s Sex Scenes master class, and in one short video that she filmed for the class she appeared topless.

That video was then uploaded to Vimeo without her knowledge she claims, and projecting an image she is not comfortable with while trying to move up in the industry.

And a still from the video ended up on at least one adult website according to Tither-Kaplan.

'Now, if you Google me, you can see me naked. Before I’ve ever been on TV or before I’ve ever had any real credits or before any of this - of course I regret that. I don’t want that,' said the young woman.

Despite this, she was happy to take a role on The Long Home, which Franco is both directing and starring in alongside an eclectic cast of actors including Ashton Kutcher, Courtney Love, Robin Lord Taylor, Annaleigh Tipton, Josh Hutcherson and Oscar-winner Timothy Hutton.

While on set, Tither-Kaplan was asked if she would be willing to appear in a nude orgy scene, which she admittedly agreed to do because she saw her appearance in the film as a big break in her career.

...

Her willingness to appear in the nude orgy shoot got Tither-Kaplan asked back to film another scene.

This time it was an unscripted bit that required her to be topless while wearing an animal skull and dancing around in a circle with other women.

One of the actresses declined to appear topless in the scene and was not asked back on set by Franco according to Tither-Kaplan.

'I got it in my head pretty quickly that, OK, you don’t say ‘no’ to this guy,' she said of Franco....
It doesn't mention that the women were paid only $100 a day for this, less than minimum wage.


No comments:

Post a Comment