Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ray Milland, The Lost Weekend


I never liked Ray Milland, really. I never understood his appeal. But I watched some of the movie The Lost Weekend. I started watching in the middle, and I thought I'd watch it again from the beginning some time, so I turned it off. But he was pretty good in it.

Well, he was a better man than I am. He was in some terrible movies toward the end---Frogs and The Thing With Two Heads.

When the movie Frogs came out, I was confused. I was six or seven. The movie was rated R. I couldn't figure out why any adult would watch crap like that. I assumed that R-rated movies, being viewed only by adults, must have been very sophisticated and highly intellectual, beyond the comprehension of anyone under seventeen that wasn't accompanied by a parent or guardian. Turned out not to be the case.

 
"Let's watch Frogs!" I told a friend thirty years later.

"No, no," he said.

He said it was just boring and not even funny.

I did see a few minutes of it many years later. A rich guy doesn't care about the environment so he's killed by frogs. From what I could see, most of the action takes place in a house while frogs gather outside hopping around in the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment