Sunday, June 17, 2012

What's wrong with the scum on Yahoo news?

I was reading the Shadow & Act blog on Rodney King's death at age 47. A link to the blog is on the right. One of the comments noted the racism in comments on the news stories about this. Especially on Yahoo news.

I took a look and it was much worse than I would have imagined. The comments were explicitly racist. I'm not going to repeat them here, but you can't make the usual excuses for them. These were people with an exaggerated sympathy for the cops. They were Nazi scum. Even people who disapprove of throwing the word "Nazi" around would agree that they're Nazi scum.

I googled the question, "why are comments on yahoo news so racist", and got a lot of hits. It seems this has been a problem for some time. There are people who won't let their children look at the site for this reason.

I looked at comments on some other news sites and found nothing like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment