Monday, November 20, 2017

One more Al Franken accuser

 
He's no Bill Clinton, but Al Franken has again been accused of harassment or sexual assault---I don't know what the criminal charge would be.

A woman claims Franken gave her the ol' George Bush treatment as her husband took a picture of them together at the Minnesota State Fair.

CNN reports:
...as her husband held up her phone and got ready to snap a photo of the two of them, Franken "pulled me in really close, like awkward close, and as my husband took the picture, he put his hand full-fledged on my rear," Menz said. "It was wrapped tightly around my butt cheek."
"I take thousands of photos at the state fair surrounded by hundreds of people, and I certainly don't remember taking this picture," Franken said. "I feel badly [sic] that Ms. Menz came away from our interaction feeling disrespected."

I suppose it's possible that a third person---isn't this a gag they used in old movies?---a third individual grabbed the woman's buttock and she assumed it was Al Franken doing it. And her husband taking the picture somehow failed to notice.

Many years ago, I was in a Safeway. There was a rack of books from a Christian publisher. I stood there reading a "treasury" of clean jokes. One of the jokes was a preschool girl was very proud of her shiny new shoes. She and her mother got on an elevator. A man and a woman were on the elevator with them. Suddenly the woman slapped the man and they began shouting at each other. Then the girl and her mother got off the elevator and the girl says that that lady scuffed her shoe so she reached up and pinched her bottom. 

The joke wasn't as clean as I'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment