Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I've been watching TV

I watched a British documentary about Nazism from the late 1940s. They quickly glossed over Britain's non-aggression pact with Hitler then droned on and on about the non-aggression pact between Germany and the USSR.

Then saw a pretty amusing made-for-TV movie from the early '70s, The Woman Hunter, with Barbara Eden, Robert Vaughn, with a cameo appearance by Larry Storch and his wife. Also starring Charlie Chaplain's son, Sydney. Filmed in sunny Mexico. Barbara Eden and her husband drive around in an enormous Chrysler Imperial. A guy is stalking Eden in a Volkswagen Thing (called a Safari in Mexico).

I should probably mention that The Woman Hunter was intended as a serious thriller. The title is a play on words. Barbara Eden's last name is "Hunter" and she's being hunted. And she's a woman.

But it was pretty good. You can't go wrong.

Watched part of something called Atom Age Vampire, made in Italy. I recognized it. I had seen it on TV when I was about four-years-old. I didn't understand it at all at the time. There wasn't much on TV in those days, so I would sit and watch soap operas and have no clue at all what I was seeing.

That was the genius of Gumby. The producers seemed to understand that young children watched TV in an uncomprehending daze, so they made a show that didn't really make sense to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment