Thursday, February 1, 2018

Finn Wolfhard, music video from some time last year


 I came across a crowdfunding thing for Finn Wolfhard. It was from last year. I don't keep up with things. He wanted to raise $5,000 to make a music video for one of his friends and ended up raising over $13,000. It shows the advantage of being a teen idol with mostly adult fans. I can't imagine very many kids sending him their allowance.

Did the boy really not have $5,000? Are they not paying him? I know there's the Jackie Coogan Law, but are these shows he's in filmed in California, and does the law apply to him since he's Canadian?

Well, he wanted to direct and maybe raising money was part of the educational experience although he didn't put much effort into it. He made a video of himself holding the camera at arms length as he walked around explaining what he wanted the money for.

Anyway, I watched the video. He gave himself a lot of close-ups. He's a beautiful kid, but I'm not kidding, those cheekbones look painful.

A boy rescues his girlfriend from her abusive father. He wears a cowboy hat and rides around on a bicycle. It was well-made, but I would have told him to make thirteen videos for a thousand dollars each.

No comments:

Post a Comment