Sunday, February 25, 2018

More Broward County deputies cowered outside school

Turns out more Broward County deputies hung around outside during the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. City police arrived and went in with a couple of other deputies, but others were outside hiding behind their cars pointing guns at the school.

I felt a little sorry for the one guy who was cowering outside, but there were more of them.

I don't know what it was like, but realistically, I'm not sure I'd be that afraid to go in.  Picturing my old high school, unarmed and untrained as I am, if there was shooting I would probably want to go in and peek around the corner ready to make a run for it if I had to. If the guy was shooting, you'd have a pretty good idea if he was close by or not. It's not like he could jump out and surprise you.

Paramedics arrived and wanted to go in but were stopped by the deputies.

With Columbine High School, the death toll would have been lower if no one had called the police. One wounded kid only survived because he was trying to climb out a window and they had to choice but to help him. If he had lay on the floor waiting for help, none would have come until hours later. At least one teacher was left to die because they wouldn't bring him out and wouldn't even allow students to carry him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment