Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Movie dogs



Movies turned me off to pets at a young age. All they do is die. Old people and dogs always die by the end of the movie.

In adventure movies, I always knew that, realistically, there'd be no way the dog wouldn't get lost in the wilderness in the first ten minutes. The dog would be a millstone around your neck.

I was talking to a guy who said he cried at the end of Where the Red Fern Grows. I pointed out that those horrible dogs killed hundreds of raccoons which are probably higher on the evolutionary scale than a dog. Where were his tears for them?

I'm taking care of a couple of dogs now. Just for a week. And I realize now that the dead dog thing was probably wish fulfillment for the writers. Why would anyone want to be a slave to a dog? You can't go to bed early because you have to take them out. You can't sleep late because you have to take them out. You can't leave the house for more than a few hours at a time because you have to take them out.

Maybe it's just these rotten dogs I've been saddled with.

No comments:

Post a Comment