Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Lost in Space was too long



Our attention spans haven't been compromised by all this digital crap we have now. In fact, my attention span was compromised by too much 1950's TV.

"Oh, man. How long does this drag on?" I thought.

It was an old episode of Lost in Space. Did you know that thing was an hour long?

I had been watching a lot of half hour TV dramas from the '50's. Boston BlackieHave Gun Will Travel, The Rifleman, The Twilight Zone. TrackdownAlfred Hitchcock Presents.

You can watch them in half an hour and get on with your life.

The Lost in Space episode didn't have enough plot for an entire hour. It was pretty obvious how it was going to end, and I always thought it was a children's show anyway, not serious science fiction, so I assumed it would cater to shorter attention spans.

I watched it to the bitter end. I was right of course. The Space Family Robinson was suspicious of the alien family that appeared on the planet a short distance from them. Then Will befriended the alien's kid but the two space families become suspicious of each other when the kids go missing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment