Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Film strips


I'll tell you an interesting fact. You know film strip projectors? Like they had in school? I don't know if schools use them anymore. But they were a popular toy in The Soviet Union. Children all owned them, had them at home. Children's books were put out in film strip form.

One time, I was watching Siskel & Ebert. Siskel felt that a movie about the American Revolution was boring. He said that film strips about the revolution---not films, but film strips---were more interesting!

Later, I was sitting in a theater. "This would be pretty good as a film strip," I thought.

Well. It's probably too late to explore the film strip as a narrative form. Although you could probably do the same thing pretty well as a You Tube video.

No comments:

Post a Comment