Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Becoming suspicious about the Golden Age of Television

When exactly was the Golden Age of Television? I've been watching local broadcast television again.

I used to watch Perry Mason a lot and I thought I had seen every episode. I was unhappy about it. But now I'm seeing old episodes I had never seen before----BAD episodes. There's just nothing interesting about the characters or the crimes or Perry Mason solving them. Could it be that, all these years, only the cream of the crop was in syndication?

Same with The Twilight Zone. I'm seeing episodes I have no memory of and they stink.

And I'll mention this unrelated thing. I've also been seeing a lot of shows from the 1970's. I keep seeing this kid in them. A pretty good actor. He looks very familiar but I can never place him. So each time I google the show, find that particular episode and discover that the kid is Redames Pera. He looks familiar because he played Grasshopper---Kwai Chang Caine as a tweenager---on Kung Fu, but I never quite recognize him because he doesn't have his head shaved. I saw him on Hawaii Five-0 and Night Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment