Tuesday, December 8, 2020

The Undoing (HBO "limited series") Nichole Kidman, Hugh Grant

Watching this thing, it dawned on me that I had no idea what Nichole Kidman looked like. About the only thing I've seen her in is Lars von Trier's Dogville which was years ago and was awful. Why do people like that guy?

The Undoing was directed by another Dane, Susanne Bier. Kidman plays a wealthy New York psychologist whose pediatric oncologist husband is accused of murdering his girlfriend, the mother of one of his patients. Their son, Noah Jupe, goes to an exclusive private school. One of his classmates is the victim's son.

In one scene, we learn that the victim was one of those rich people who likes to hang around naked in health club locker rooms. I've heard that's common among the upper classes.

I watched this thing after hearing Hugh Grant interviewed about it on Fresh Air. Terry Gross gave away the ending which made me think that it wasn't a mystery, but there are at least four suspects including Grant. Even the kid has a motive. I don't know how much that ruined it for me.

With Donald Sutherland as Kidman's rich father who has his own helicopter.

I didn't like Nichole Kidman at all. I think I'll go back to never watching her in anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment