Sunday, August 29, 2021

Twenty bucks to see STILLWATER on streaming video

Matt Damon "acting".
They want $20 to see Stillwater on streaming video. According to the New York Times, it's rated R for "violence and language". For twenty bucks it better have more than that.

I won't pay to see it because of my deep-seated antipathy for Matt Damon after Good Will Hunting and that horrible soliloquy he wrote or improvised in Saving Private Ryan.

Based loosely on the case of Amanda Knox. She's spoken out against the movie. Matt Damon plays a young woman's elderly Trump-loving father who goes to France to prove her innocence as she awaits trial for murder. Does he speak French in this? Maybe he plays a Cajun.

I am reminded of Keith Carradine's line from Southern Comfort (1981): "I used to parlez vous a little in high school."

They could have had Matt Damon say that to prepare us for his adventure in France. That and, "I've been reading my daughter's old Nancy Drew books."

No comments:

Post a Comment