Monday, May 22, 2023

Is it just me or are documentaries really slow now?


I saw an interview somewhere with Morley Safer from 60 Minutes. He was asked if he ever watched his old shows, and he did. He said it bothered him that they were so slow---he kept wishing they would get to the point. And there was a video of a Today Show report on The Sex Pistols or some such group coming to America that seemed much longer than necessary.

I felt that way watching that Prince Harry documentary on Netflix and the Brooke Shields thing on Hulu. They just dragged on and on and on. Blah blah blah blah blah.

I started watching some other documentaries on Hulu. I don't remember what they were, but I distinctly remember getting bored. I hit pause and saw that the thing dragged on for almost an hour and half. I had quite a ways to go before they would presumably get to the point, so I turned it off.

I don't know if I'm wrong or if the people of television are wrong. It's something you can look stupid complaining about.

No comments:

Post a Comment