Saturday, July 13, 2024

Yellowstone


They're now showing Yellowstone, Kevin Costner's modern day western soap opera, free on Pluto. I watched some of it and it was awful, most of it either boring or absurdly violent. Maybe that sounds good to some people. It had a nude sex scene. 

According to the internet, and I found examples of this on YouTube, the family brands their ranch employees like cattle and they have a spot where they dump the bodies of people they murder. In an episode I watched, a female family member is being tortured for some reason. A male relative bursts in with a gun, shoots the men and rescues her. In the next scene, the men's naked corpses are hanging outside the ranch house. And the show is aimed at aging men who think this is quality television.

It's making me question my admiration for Breaking Bad.

According to Wikipedia, it was pitched as The Godfather in Montana, so they aren't supposed to be normal people. I should have looked into it before I tried watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment