Sunday, September 12, 2021

SATAN'S MISTRESS aka DEMON RAGE aka FURY OF THE SUCCUBUS (1982)

This is embarrassing. I saw this DVD on Amazon for six dollars, free shipping. If I saw it at the grocery store, I'd probably buy it on impulse at that price, so, yeah, I ordered it.

Picture quality wasn't great, but it didn't bother me. 

Housewife Lana Wood is molested by an incubus, a demon that goes around having sex with women. They mistakenly call it a "succubus" in an alternate title. According to Wikipedia, a succubus is a lady demon that does the same thing with men.

Lana Wood is Natalie Wood's sister. She played "Plenty O'Toole" in Diamonds are Forever. 

Also starred Britt Ekland, "Goodnight" from The Man with the Golden Gun. 

In spite of having two Bond Girls, they felt a need to cast John Carradine as a priest who explains why lonely demons go around doing this.

A lot of topless shots of Lana Wood. No other nudity that I saw, but I wasn't paying attention. The movie wasn't very good, but was passable.

They unwisely kept a guillotine in the basement.

Directed by James Polakof. His career as writer-director-producer spanned nine years which seems pretty good for someone working independently.

No comments:

Post a Comment