Monday, November 8, 2021

Three-day movies

I heard that there were companies that specialize in three-day movies. But what companies? What movies did they make? I heard they weren't very good, but in what ways? What do people want from a three day movie and how much can you get away with?

Finally found one. A guy named Clay Moffatt has an interview on YouTube. He discusses his movies which are generally shot in three or four days. He's a restaurant manager by trade so I didn't take it seriously until I looked him up and found he has several movies on Tubi and Amazon Prime. 

I watched a couple of them. They tended to have fewer than ten actors and were mostly filmed on one location. Mostly horror movies although he did a couple of teen spy movies with larger casts that he may have spent more time on.

One of his tips was to not shoot unnecessary retakes. 

I didn't like the naturalistic dialogue in part because I disliked the characters.

The sound wasn't great in one and the handheld camera shook a little too much in another. Jump cuts helped move things along which was fine with me. Movies ALL look pretty good now. It's not like the old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment