Saturday, July 9, 2022

Larry Storch, R.I.P.

I don't think my family watched F Troop, but I somehow knew who Larry Storch was. Recognized him as a guest star on Gilligan's Island and later he was in a live action Saturday Morning TV show, The Ghost Busters, which predated the movie Ghostbusters. And I remember him from an episode of All in the Family. Carroll O'Connor was only 49, but his old friend Larry Storch comes to town and urges him to act young. 

He went to high school with Don Adams and was shipmates with Tony Curtis in the Navy.

He was in things I saw but don't remember him from, Airport 1975 and The Great Race among them. I wondered how he felt about Kelly Bundy attending the Larry Storch School of Acting on Married with Children, but he appeared in an episode so he must have been okay with it.

Larry Storch died in his sleep yesterday in his home in Manhattan at age 99.

No comments:

Post a Comment