Sunday, October 9, 2022

Irwin Allen's Towering Inferno (1974)

I remember seeing this on TV but I couldn’t have paid much attention. I would have remembered Mike Lookinland (TV’s Bobby Brady) in his most dramatic role. Hero architect Paul Newman carries him out of a burning apartment and leads him, his mother and sister to relative safety. I think he did his own stunts. 

Maybe it was what the script called for, but Lookinland smiles when he learns the children will be evacuated first. I think I would have concealed my glee at leaving the wealthy grown-ups to their fates. But his ordeal wasn't over yet.

Also starring Steve McQueen, William Holden, Faye Dunaway, Fred Astaire, Dabney Coleman, Jennifer Jones, Richard Chamberlain, Robert Wagner and O.J. Simpson among others.
 
Two hours forty-five minutes. Free on Moviland.Tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment