Thursday, December 15, 2022

Post Avatar Depression


Avatar
never interested me, but now I see articles about something called Post Avatar Depression Syndrome. A shocking number of people who see the movie become despondent.

“Ever since I went to see Avatar I have been depressed. Watching the wonderful world of Pandora and all the Na’vi made me want to be one of them,” one wrote. “I even contemplate suicide thinking that if I do it I will be rebirthed in a world similar to Pandora and the everything is the same as in Avatar.”

I almost want to watch the movie just to see if I'm made of tougher stuff than these Avatar fans, but I checked Roku. The movie has brought in nearly $3 billion but they're so greedy they still won't let you see it for free. 

I don't know if there've been any Avatar-related suicides. People started disappearing off cruise ships after Titantic, presumably while trying to climb out on the prow so they could yell that they were king of the world. How many people have James Cameron movies killed?

No comments:

Post a Comment