Friday, December 15, 2023

Greg Brady's lip in the UFO episode


One time a movie director went ballistic when Steve McQueen arrived on location riding a motorcycle. The slightest mishap on that thing would delay or halt production and cost them millions. 

Well, I'm sitting here in the middle of the night watching The Brady Bunch, the episode where Bobby and Peter keep seeing a UFO. 

What's that on Greg's lip, I wondered.

I googled it. It was a common question. They said he cut himself shaving in the episode, but Barry Williams had been in a minor car accident. Not everyone wore seatbelts back then. He had this little bandage on his lip.

In the early seventies, my family got a car with a buzzer that would go off until you put on your seatbelt. People would pull the seat belt out just far enough that the buzzer would stop and sit there holding it to spare themselves the indignity of actually fastening it.

The episode where Marcia gets hit in the face with a football was reportedly written because she injured her nose in a car accident.

I don't have a point here. I was going to ponder what the best course of action would be if one of the kids on the show was unable to continue.. Should they bring in another kid who looked like him like the new Darrin on Bewitched? On My Three Sons, they wrote one off the show and adopted another one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment