Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Rear Window (1954)


This was one of several movies that Hitchcock owned the rights to. He pulled them from circulation to increase their value for his daughter. They were re-released in 1984, each playing for one week at a local theater. I dragged a friend kicking and screaming to see them. I think Rear Window was the first one we saw, and he shut up after that. 

How many movies have imitated Rear Window? Does this mean it's dying from over-exposure or that it's still obscure enough that they think they can steal from it and no one will notice? The Simpsons did a spoof of it.

This is why you should watch movies alone. If you're with a group, you have to make a safe pick everyone will enjoy and you'll get tired of any objectively good movie. 

I just watched it again last night. My brother's in town and he turned it on. 

"Frank Cady's in it," I said watching the opening credits. He was Sam Drucker in Green Acres and Petticoat Junction. He was the guy sleeping on the fire escape with his wife which I would consider a stunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment