Monday, January 29, 2018

Could Scott Baio be innocent?


Long ago, I had a friend who, every night, would turn on the old Hawaii Five-O. He would just watch the opening credits then turn it off. I told him I thought the shot of the huge wave at the beginning was intended as an impressionistic portrait of Steve McGarret whose hair in front was shaped the same way.

He would also watch just the opening credits to Charles in Charge. The lyrics to the theme song were weird, kids singing happily about their subjugation to Charles.

I never liked Scott Baio. I didn't like his character on Happy Days, I didn't like his regional accent. I didn't like his looks. I knew nothing else about him, so that was all I had to judge him by.

Twitter erupted in outrage when he announced his support for Donald Trump. And he supported him for such a stupid reason. "He talks like I talk." But I didn't care. As a comedienne tweeted at the time, "I think a lot of you had unreasonably high expectations of Scott Baio."

It was just in the last few days that I learned he believed that the parents of the small children killed in the Sandy Hook school shooting were actors, part of a anti-gun conspiracy. His horrible wife replied on Twitter to the mother of a child who was killed there that her daughter was better off dead.

“You do NOT get to target me only to sling hatred. Bite me…..I’ll bite back harder! Where’s her sincere apology?” Baio's monstrous wife wrote.

When Baio tweeted a racist attack on Michelle Obama, he said that he couldn't possibly be racist because his wife had a black friend.

Baio is now denying that he statutorily raped one of the children on Charles in Charge. He said, sure, he slept with Nichole Eggert, but not until she was eighteen. Apparently she claimed that they had sex when she was 17, after the show was off the air, but Baio showed that she turned 18 during the last season.

[Eggert since gave a long interview detailing alleged sexual abuse she suffered from Baio from age 14.]

Poor Scott Baio. He was the original choice for the role Tom Cruise played in Top Gun. Whenever he sees Tom Cruise, he must think, That should be me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment