Sunday, January 14, 2018

Logan Paul

Idiot.


Years ago, there was a report on the local news. A young fellow had taken a lot of drugs, fired a rifle out the window of his rental house and holed up there while police surrounded the house. There was live coverage on the local news. The guy's two roommates were out somewhere, saw their house on TV and rushed over to see what was happening. They couldn't contain their excitement at seeing their house on TV. They were both smiling and laughing as they talked to reporters.

I can understand it. At that stage of life, I probably would have been mostly amused at almost any of my friends getting into an armed stand-off with Police, and, thinking back to my friends back then, this would probably be justified. But I think I would have had the good sense to conceal my glee.
 
I read in Dear Abby or some such column---a woman wrote in about a relative, a woman who liked taking pictures at funerals. She liked getting pictures of people overcome with emotion. And I can kind of understand that----she was getting dramatic photos. Of course, no one wanted to be photographed then and again, the woman should have at least concealed her glee at getting great shots.

It seems like cheating anyway. Go to a war zone if you want dramatic photos. Taking pictures at a funeral is shooting fish in a barrel.

So I can sort of understand this You Tube "celebrity" Logan Paul and his associates not reacting appropriately when they came across a dead body in the woods in Japan. But it's just as well that You Tube barred him from their site. A French digital media company called Blackpills canceled some scripted web series he was set to produce and star in.

No comments:

Post a Comment