Thursday, January 11, 2018

More women accuse Franco


I wondered if I was wrong to attack James Franco. Did he use his position of power to commit sexual abuse and to keep his victims quiet like Weinstein and the rest of those guys did?

Yes, it turns out he did.

The Los Angeles Times reported this morning that were accusations of just that. Franco bullied young women into doing sex scenes, orgy scenes, nude scenes and topless scenes with the promise that he could advance their careers.
“I feel there was an abuse of power, and there was a culture of exploiting non-celebrity women, and a culture of women being replaceable,” said Tither-Kaplan, who was one of many women who took to Twitter on Sunday night to vent anger over Franco’s win and his support of Time’s Up, the initiative combating sexual misconduct in Hollywood.
She told The Times that in a nude orgy scene she filmed with Franco and several women three years ago, he removed protective plastic guards covering other actresses’ vaginas while simulating oral sex on them.
Two other student actresses also recounted negative on-set experiences. Both said Franco became angry when no women, while at the shoot, would agree to be topless.
Franco’s attorney, Michael Plonsker, disputed all of the women’s allegations and directed The Times to Franco’s comments Tuesday night on “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert.”
I haven't seen it, but it sounds like Seth Myers was a little more assertive that Colbert when he interviewed Franco on his late night talk show.

Franco said he had a perfectly fine relationship with Ally Sheedy and didn't understand why she tweeted those things about him.
“I heard you mention last night on Stephen Colbert’s show that you had directed her in a play. You’ve had a good experience with her,” Meyers said. “Have you reached out to her … and are you not curious as to why she would do that if you had, from your perspective, a good relationship with her?”
“Yes, I had a great — I had a great relationship with her,” Franco responded. “She took the tweet down. I don’t know. I really don’t.”
“Not curious enough though to reach out to her as someone that you’ve had a good relationship with before, and to try to understand why she would have done that?” Meyers pressed.
Franco paused. “I don’t know,” he said. “It was so shocking. I don’t know. I just — I guess I’m just letting it be.”
Myers was a veritable tiger compared to Stephen Colbert. I can't understand what was wrong with Colbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment