Monday, June 18, 2018

Dennis Miller's podcast cruelly panned


I watched Dennis Miller's old latenight talk show. Here's the only joke I remember: "The French think Dan Quayle is a genius."

That was so long ago. When he expressed admiration for Ross Perot, I realized that he was basically apolitical.

Perot's supporters were people who didn't know there were political differences. They thought everyone wanted the same thing and that politcal debates were "bickering". "Why don't they stop bickering and do what everybody wants!"

Now Miller's just not a very convincing right-winger. And like some other right-wing converts, his verbal skills have gotten very bad. Long ago, I found his references easy to understand. They all seemed pretty straight-forward. On NPR, they interviewed some guy who wrote a blog researching and explaining his references, and he explained a few that seemed perfectly obvious to me. But now Miller's just blathering.

So, anyway, I haven't heard it, but here's a review of Dennis Miller's podcast.

Miller is 64 now. Reduced to podcasting, no offense to podcasters or their admirers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment