Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Another Girl, Another Planet (1992)


So, I watched Another Girl, Another Planet, a short feature filmed on a Fisher-Price PXL2000. It was pretty good. A lot of it was in close-up because of the low resolution I would imagine, but the longer shots worked okay, too. Perhaps not surprisingly, it's about hipsters in the East Village. Womanizing hipsters. Available on Fandor.

It looked interesting and was a pretty good movie, but what do I know. I was marveling at the wonders of Pixel Vision. The picture was a little dark and fuzzy.

I always wished I had a PXL2000. I've written about it before on here how my friends talked me out of buying one in a Toys R Us. Why did I listen to them?

I'm finally over that and I have this movie to thank.

Now I hope people can learn to appreciate other obsolete formats. VHS, Video8. SVHS, Hi8. They all have something to contribute. I have a lovely standard definition MiniDV Canon XL1 sitting in view as I write this.

Come to think of it, I haven't heard any mention of The Blair Witch Project in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment