Monday, January 7, 2019

And this is the last Timothee Chalamet thing


There are a number of actors I've never found believable. Macaulay Culkin, Natalie Portman, Marilyn Monroe, Leonardo DiCaprio and Warren Beatty. I'm sure there are others. I can't put my finger on what they were doing wrong, but I've never found them believable in any role.

What they all had in common was that they were taken seriously only because they were really good-looking.

Timothee Chamalet is a lovely boy, but for the moment I'd put him in that catagory. That's based on the single movie I've seen him in. Of course, he did get nominated for an Oscar, so what do I know.

I turned against him because he attacked Woody Allen after being in his movie. But he's become a scrawny, androgynous teen idol for high brow adults.  He's the thinking man's Finn Wolfhard. I guess that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment