Tuesday, February 26, 2019

We had snow



I'm glad the kids got a snow day and I'm fine with getting a day off work. But I had to shovel a walk to get my 87-year-old mother to the car. Our electricity was out and I didn't want to have her stay in a dark freezing house. We went to a motel. The drive over there was fine. The road was clear. But the parking lot was under more than a foot of snow. The car got stuck while I was trying to park. I borrowed a shovel and cleared out a parking space.

Spent the night. For the very first time, I watched an episode of Murder She Wrote to the conclusion. John Saxon was the victim. But it ended with Jessica confronting the killer. He doesn't confess, so she tells him that as soon as the DNA test results come back, they'll know it was him.

So why not just wait for the DNA test?

If I were a suspect in some crime and some stinking detective, real or amateur, tried to bully a confession out of me, I would be annoyed if it turned out to be completely unnecessary because DNA would solve the whole thing.

The next morning, I drove home. I opened the door. The lights and TV were on. I don't know when the power came back on but the furnace was going and the house was warm.
I drove back to the motel and we checked out.


No comments:

Post a Comment