Friday, September 18, 2020

Someone else's thoughts about Diving Bell and the Butterfly

 

 

I keep seeing pandemic stuff. Things oddly analogous. People with the idea that sheltering in place or being under quarantine will be some sort of boon to them creatively or in some other way.

And here's another. I haven't seen it, but from A.S. Hamrah writing about Oscar nominees for whatever year this was:

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

When I saw The Diving Bell and the Butterfly at BAM, in Brooklyn, it was easy to see why it resonated with the local crowd. The subject of this movie is: if only I were paralyzed from head to toe and could only move one eye, then finally I’d be able to finish that book I’ve been meaning to write.

...

Which is not to say that I didn’t like it. I did like it. For those reasons.

1 comment: