Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Tucker Carlson canned

Admirers of Fox "News" believe anything they say, except when they say they fired Tucker Carlson for sexism, antisemitism and harassment.

I guess there are a couple of other right-wing outlets Tucker Carlson could go to work for. He's sort of like that To Catch a Predator guy whose name I can't remember and won't bother looking up. He made a lot of money, but he ran it into the ground and rendered himself unemployable. It's a dead end. Fox News says they fired him with cause so they won't have to pay severance. There's a large amount of money involved, so, if he doesn't sue, it will be an admission of guilt and if he does sue, his shameful conduct will be detailed in the press.

Carlson used to be on CNN which is pretty shameful for them, but it shows he could have had a normal career. He once reported on George Bush, Jr, mocking a woman he executed as governor of Texas. Here's part of what he wrote in The National Review:

In the week before [Karla Faye Tucker’s] execution, Bush says, Bianca Jagger and a number of other protesters came to Austin to demand clemency for Tucker. “Did you meet with any of them?” I ask. Bush whips around and stares at me. “No, I didn’t meet with any of them,” he snaps, as though I’ve just asked the dumbest, most offensive question ever posed. “I didn’t meet with Larry King either when he came down for it. I watched his interview with [Tucker], though. He asked her real difficult questions, like ‘What would you say to Governor Bush?’ ” “What was her answer?” I wonder. “Please,” Bush whimpers, his lips pursed in mock desperation, “don’t kill me.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment