Friday, October 13, 2023

"Who is Killing Cinema?"


Something I watched on YouTube. Some if it I was aware of. I mentioned the lack of new movie stars on here, although I read about it online---it wasn't a personal observation. But I was fine with Netflix killing off Blockbuster and Hollywood Video after those two chains wiped out local video stores. I haven't been to a movie in years. I was critical of Woody Allen for not wanting to make movies unless they were shown in theaters. I thought he and Spielberg were devoted to the "theatrical experience" because they got a cut of the gross, and that's probably true. I don't believe either one of them has been to a movie in decades.

I had a friend whose aunt was a film writer. His aunt and uncle went to some event in New York and sat in a theater right behind Steven Spielberg, 

"I could have hit him over the head and killed him," his uncle said.

So, yeah, I wouldn't go to movies either if I were him.

But I only have a two streaming channels I pay for, I don't watch made-for-streaming movies except for that Prince Harry thing, I don't watch superhero or Pixar movies, or Star Wars.  

The guy was only talking about Hollywood and didn't go into the effect any of this might have on the rest of the world. It could be a boon to mankind. And if it's not, would it really be that awful?

No comments:

Post a Comment