Friday, August 2, 2024

Inferno (1953) Robert Ryan, Rhonda Fleming, William Lundigan


Wealthy alcoholic Robert Ryan has fallen off his horse and broken his leg in the desert. His wife and her lover, William Lundigan, have hurried away to get help. In fact they've left him there to die. They report him missing, but direct searchers to the car they left stuck in a ditch. Can Robert Ryan save himself, making his way through the desert with a broken leg? I didn't know how I'd feel about Robert Ryan's voice over, but I got used to it quickly.

Filmed in 3D, not that that does us any good now.

I know people who just love the desert. I don't know why. I don't like being anywhere without ambulance service. 

There was an episode of Gilligan's Island where the Skipper tells Gilligan they can stave off thirst by sucking on pebbles. If this movie is to be believed, this is a real thing. I don't know if you can really get water from a cactus.

Available on the Criterion Channel, part of their Vacation Noir collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment