Sunday, July 15, 2018

Ball kids at Wimbledon



So, this Wimbledon thing is on TV. I looked up news about it online and read an article about the grueling training the ball kids go through--the kids who run out and pick up the balls rolling around in the grass during the games. I thought I heard on the radio that the kids no longer have to throw, but there was no mention of that. They're like Mousketeers. The training is grueling, it's fiercely competitive and they'll fire you at the drop of a hat.

To me, the firing would be a good thing. I'm assuming they get paid for the training. They get about $11 an hour. I would stay with it as long as I could then crap out, take my paycheck and go home before the tournament started. I could make some money while avoiding the stress of the actual job.

I don't have children but if I did, I would try to teach them the importance of getting out while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment