Monday, June 10, 2019

Map to the Stars, David Cronenberg



I watched this 2014 movie called Map to the Stars. I was impressed by the kid actor in it, Evan Bird, playing a sadly but incredibly obnoxious 13-year-old child star/teen idol. And Bird is a Canadian, from Vancouver, BC. I've been there twice and both times I felt like a monster because everyone there was so nice. I tried to be nice back but I'd been driving for hours. I didn't make reservations and the only motel room I could find was over a biker bar. I crouched in my room with the lights out watching them in the parking lot, and they were all very nice Canadian bikers.

It would have made me nervous filming the scene where the kid plays with the gun. Actors have been killed doing that. 

A strangely grim movie about a family in Hollywood clinging to fame. On Netflix. Directed by David Cronenberg.



No comments:

Post a Comment